Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bragging Rights & Provoking Thoughts

Must brag:

DJ's speech is getting so much better! He said "with Melissa" today when I picked him up from school. Then when we were leaving, he said, "Bye friends!" It was so sweet. It was so clear. Amazing. He is doing so well.

Trevor has become my little helper. Helps me feed the cat (which in and of itself is amazing, since he is petrified of the cat), helps me load the dishwasher, helps me put shoes in the shoe basket. And he just eats up the praise.

Emily. What can I say about Miss Diva? She has no fear and her new favorite word is "climb", God help me. And she does it too. She has a speech eval tomorrow to make sure she can be discharged from Speech Therapy. Please please please.

OK, my mind is spinning. And for those who know me well, this is amazing...I am now beginning to wonder if DJ's autism was caused by vaccinations. Yes, I know, sit down. But I am reading Jenny McCarthy's new book and it talks about other aspects of vaccinations besides mercury/thimerosol. In the Hep B shot newborns receive when they are one day old, there are 250 mcg of aluminum. A recommended allowance of aluminum is 4-5 mcg per kg of body weight per day. Well based on DJ's birth weight, he would have been allowed 30 mcg. He was given 250. 250. It makes me sick to my stomach. Shame on me for not researching this sooner. I'm not saying this was the actual cause; I still believe it is something genetic or in the DNA, which is triggered by something in the environment. So I am now reading, reading, reading on aluminum.

The whole thing is making my mind spin.

1 comment:

T- said...

I hope Em gets the a-okay from ST.

The vaccines scare the daylights out of me. We vaccinated, but only because I was afraid not to. Now, I'm afraid because we did. It's crazy!